Forum Xamarin.Forms

Using SkiaSharp, how to save a SKBitmap ?

MabroukMabrouk USMember ✭✭✭

After editing a SKBitmap in Xamarin.Forms i wanna save it in local storage.

Any idea?

Best Answer

Answers

• MabroukMabrouk USMember ✭✭✭

@mattleibow Thanks for that, but in PCL project File class do not exists, if i use Java.IO.File then OpenWrite do not exists ... how to fix that? :smile:

• mattleibowmattleibow ZAXamarin Team Xamurai

@Mabrouk Well, there are a few ways, but I would recommend this doc:
    https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/xamarin-forms/working-with/files/

Also note at the bottom "PCL Storage", which is a PCL filesystem plugin:
    https://www.nuget.org/packages/PCLStorage/

• MabroukMabrouk USMember ✭✭✭

@mattleibow Thanks :)

• JoseMirallesJoseMiralles USMember ✭✭
    edited February 2017

(I just realized that I am in the wrong thread, I meant to post this in the SkiaSharp.Views forum post.)

Is there anyway of displaying an already created SKBitmap or SKCanvas in a view?
    I just installed "SkiaSharp.Views" but I can't find a way of doing so.

@JoseMiralles Right now there is no way to just set view.Bitmap = myBitmap. You will have to implement the paint event and draw the image yourself.

I was thinking about this just a few hours ago, and I am looking at adding something like this in the coming release. I created an issue to track this: https://github.com/mono/SkiaSharp/issues/255

Please feel free to leave comments or any suggestions that will help with meeting your needs.

• EddieMEddieM USMember ✭✭

Versions

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <packages>
      <package id="PCLStorage" version="1.0.2" targetFramework="portable45-net45+win8+wp8+wpa81" />
      <package id="SkiaSharp" version="1.59.1" targetFramework="portable45-net45+win8+wp8+wpa81" />
      <package id="SkiaSharp.Views.Forms" version="1.59.1" targetFramework="portable45-net45+win8+wp8+wpa81" />
      <package id="Xamarin.Forms" version="2.3.3.193" targetFramework="portable45-net45+win8+wp8+wpa81" />
    </packages>

Solved my own issue. It was actually clipping it by 50%. Changing the following line fixed the issue. I am new to all of this. So, I will have to look into why Android is fine with what is stored in _canvasView.Height and _canvasView.Width while iOS requires them to be doubled.

SKBitmap bitmap = new SKBitmap((int) _canvasView.Width, (int) _canvasView.Height);

to

SKBitmap bitmap = new SKBitmap((int) _canvasView.Width * 2, (int) _canvasView.Height * 2);

Sorry for all the posts. Just figuring it out as I go. Actually If I use _canvasView.CanvasSize I will get the correct height and width in both environments. Only in iOS will the height and width from _canvasView be half of what comes from _canvasView.CanvasSize.....BTW _canvasView is SKCanvasView. Visually there does not appear to be an issue with using _canvasView.CanvasSize when creating my SKBitmap. Does anyone know if this is an issue to do this? Came across this post.

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/88963/skcanvasview-size-property-contradiction

@EddieM That is the correct way to get the canvas size.

canvasView.Width will return the width of the view in device independent pixels. canvasView.CanvasSize.Width will return the actual pixels.

@mattleibow Cool, thanks!

edited September 2017

@mattleibow
    Hey, everything is working correctly. Only difference now is that I stored the png file to the external directory. The image can be encoded and decoded with SkiaSharp and shows correctly on a canvas but when viewing from the file system the images are always just completely black. Any idea why? I have done some searching but none of the options I found work.

Additional Info
    Seems to be an Android issue. If I go look at the file from my PC (Computer -> Drive Letter of device) or even move the file over to my PC. I see the image just fine.

• ajbeemajbeem Member ✭✭

Hi , I trying to get the canvas but SkiaSharp Cropping 2/3 parts of image, why its happend?

• celalaksucelalaksu Member ✭✭

When I crop image all controls goes

how to add buttton control to page and how to get cropped image to save

void OnDoneButtonClicked(object sender, EventArgs args)
    {
    croppedBitmap = photoCropper.CroppedBitmap;

SKCanvasView canvasView = new SKCanvasView();
            canvasView.PaintSurface += OnCanvasViewPaintSurface;
            Content = canvasView;
        }

void OnCanvasViewPaintSurface(object sender, SKPaintSurfaceEventArgs args)
        {
            SKImageInfo info = args.Info;
            SKSurface surface = args.Surface;
            SKCanvas canvas = surface.Canvas;

canvas.Clear();
            canvas.DrawBitmap(croppedBitmap, info.Rect, BitmapStretch.Uniform);
        }

• blearning7blearning7 Member ✭✭

@celalaksu hey, you have to create another page to save croppedbitmap, pass this to a page where you have a canvaseview

• blearning7blearning7 Member ✭✭
    edited April 23

Hello guys, i need help with uploading the image which i have cropped. I have to upload this to azure cloud i have written the functionality through a web api which expects a memory stream of the image.
    i need help converting my cropped bitmap to memory stream which on upload should be the same cropped image.
    I have tried following

byte[] array;
    SKBitmap bitmap = new SKBitmap((int)canvasView.Width, (int)canvasView.Height);
    using (var image = SKImage.FromBitmap(bitmap))
    using (var data = image.Encode(SKEncodedImageFormat.Jpeg, 80))
    {
    // save the data to a stream
    using (MemoryStream stream = new MemoryStream())
    {
    data.SaveTo(stream);
    array = stream.ToArray();
    }
    }
    PassportDataStore.UploadPassport(stream, "sample.jpg");