Failing to add Web Reference to WCF Service

Hello, everyone.

I'm trying to get a proxy to my WCF Service online. Actually, it could also be an asmx web service, all I want is to consume it from my MacOS

Anyway, the thing is, whenever I try to "Add Web Reference" by the URL, the Reference comes empty (it doesn't read the WSDL properly)
Unless I explicitly point to the "?singleWSDL" option - in such a case I get an error when I try to build it:

Error CS0234: The type or namespace name IClientChannel' does not exist in the namespaceSystem.ServiceModel'. Are you missing an assembly reference? (CS0234)

Well, actually this is just one of the many similar errors.

Is there something missing from my installation?
What is going on?

Answers

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

@eapacheco said:
    Unless I explicitly point to the "?singleWSDL" option - in such a case I get an error when I try to build it:

Error CS0234: The type or namespace name IClientChannel' does not exist in the namespaceSystem.ServiceModel'. Are you missing an assembly reference? (CS0234)

Make sure you have added references to System.Runtime.Serialization, System.ServiceModel, and System.ServiceModel.Web.

• eapachecoeapacheco USMember
    edited February 2017

Thank you, @DaveHunt
    that makes perfect sense. Now, it seems that those packages are only available in the .Droid and .IOS project. How could I use the Web Reference (and those packages) in the portable project?