Xamarin U not recording progress on self-guided courses?

I have taken two of the self-guided courses (101 & 110) and neither of them show up on my profile. Are they supposed to show on the certification progress, or does that only track the live courses?

• rene_ruppertrene_ruppert DEXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Hi Eric,

yes, self guided classes should be counted towards certification. I'll make sure to report this to our engineering team and they will look into the issue.
    Please note that watching a video (recorded class) does not count.

René

• EricMaiaEricMaia USUniversity

OK, thanks. This was the Self-guided course with separate video segments, quizzes, and exercises. I did notice that on the 110 course, after I finished the class it had a button to return to my profile, which I clicked, and I had to re-authenticate before I could see my profile, so apparently my session had timed out while I was working through the course but it did not challenge me until after I had completed it.

• MarkSmith.8123MarkSmith.8123 USXamarin Team, University, XamUProfessors Xamurai

Hi @EricMaia --

Can you email me at "[email protected]" and let me know the email you are using? I don't see any progress at all being reported for you in our database under the email I found. The tree on the left should have green check marks if it's properly tracking progress and at the end, the "Take Survey" button should be enabled (it might take a second to verify that you've completed the course, but it should switch from disabled > enabled).

Thanks,
    mark