Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Unable to find application Mono.Android.Platform.ApiLevel_24 or Xamarin.Android.Platform!

Hello,
I've just created a new Xamarin Android project with no edit from me. But when I launch it, I get an error in the android simulator's screen "Unfortunately has stopped".
This is what I have found in the logs:

[art] Not late-enabling -Xcheck:jni (already on) [AndroidRuntime] Shutting down VM [AndroidRuntime] FATAL EXCEPTION: main [AndroidRuntime] Process: com.securiaglobal.securiaglobal, PID: 6287 [AndroidRuntime] java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider mono.MonoRuntimeProvider: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to find application Mono.Android.Platform.ApiLevel_24 or Xamarin.Android.Platform! [AndroidRuntime] at android.app.ActivityThread.installProvider(ActivityThread.java:5156) [AndroidRuntime] at android.app.ActivityThread.installContentProviders(ActivityThread.java:4748) [AndroidRuntime] at android.app.ActivityThread.handleBindApplication(ActivityThread.java:4688) [AndroidRuntime] at android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap1(ActivityThread.java) [AndroidRuntime] at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:1405) [AndroidRuntime] at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:102) [AndroidRuntime] at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:148) [AndroidRuntime] at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:5417) [AndroidRuntime] at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) [AndroidRuntime] at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(ZygoteInit.java:726) [AndroidRuntime] at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:616) [AndroidRuntime] Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to find application Mono.Android.Platform.ApiLevel_24 or Xamarin.Android.Platform! [AndroidRuntime] at mono.MonoRuntimeProvider.attachInfo(MonoRuntimeProvider.java:38) [AndroidRuntime] at android.app.ActivityThread.installProvider(ActivityThread.java:5153) [AndroidRuntime] ... 10 more [AndroidRuntime] Caused by: android.content.pm.PackageManager$NameNotFoundException: Xamarin.Android.Platform [AndroidRuntime] at android.app.ApplicationPackageManager.getApplicationInfo(ApplicationPackageManager.java:304) [AndroidRuntime] at mono.MonoRuntimeProvider.attachInfo(MonoRuntimeProvider.java:32) [AndroidRuntime] ... 11 more [Process] Sending signal. PID: 6287 SIG: 9

• itevitev USMember ✭✭

Try disabling Use Shared Runtime from Project ->Options->Android Options
    I had the same issue in production.. disabling it solved it...

• EricBrunnerEricBrunner USMember ✭✭

@itev You saved my day!!!! Thanks for that solution.