Xamarin Studio not downloadable under Windows anymore?

Hello there,

did i miss out on some news?
I cant download Xamarin.Studio anymore.
I Found the "How to install documentation" which only mentions Visual Studio and unter my Account and Downloads i can only install the XamarinInstaller.exe but this is also only installing the extensions for VS.

Every other Download-Link seems to redirect to the default "Download Xamarin for Visual Studio" Page.
Even the Preview here in the Forums has a deadlink.

I would realy like to download only the Xamarin.Studio because its so much more lightweight.

Greetings
Lui

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• AlessandroCaliaroAlessandroCaliaro ITMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it is not possible. You have vs for Windows and XS for Mac

• LuiGbkesLuiGbkes USMember

Thanks Dave this helped me a lot :smile: didnt see that option.

• YipYipYipYip AUMember

I am new to Xamarin and after 3 weeks of working through Plurasight, Udemy and various Books I am finding that Visual Studio 2015 Ent Update 3 keeps throwing crazy errors. i.e cant have an imagecell with a textcell in a datatemplate and bind in a listview. Cant run 5.1 lollipop with a tabpanel. real black magic stuff :(. Also trying to replicate in a new project you start to get different problems let alone getting to teh same stage and what you where originally trying to fix.

Im using Genymotion and a mac agent with 10.2.

I find 6.0 marshmallow is what seems to work until i hit the Databinding imagecell with a textcell.

So far all of the books and instructors are using Xamarin Studio...is this the elephant in th room that VS plugin is too buggy ?

Also I d/l and install 6.12 Xam studio but i cant see a iOS project. Are you not able to create a iOS project unless you are running on a mac ??

Thanks in Advance

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

Xamarin Studio for Windows only supports Android development. If you want to develop iOS applications on Windows, you have to use Visual Studio and the the Mac agent.

Switching from VS to XS isn't going to fix improper usage of features, incorrect code/Xaml, or version compatibility issues.

If you're having problems, start a new topic and post the code with enough context for clarity, along with whatever error messages you're getting and someone can probably help you.

• JGoldbergerJGoldberger USMember, Forum Administrator, Xamarin Team, University Xamurai

@YipYip
    This thread is quite old and your post is not really related to the issue in the opening post, which was about not being able to find Xamarin Studio on Windows, which is not the case for you.

For the separate issues you bring up, please post a new thread in the appropriate forum as per David Hunt's suggestion.

I am closing this old thread.

This discussion has been closed.