Missing 320x568 image in Xamarin.iOS while uploading to iTunesConnect

pshiwapshiwa USMember

Hi,
I am new to this and this is my first app. It has been all working in Simulator and personal phone. I need to put it on Apple's TestFlight to share with other team member.
Two things:
1. Application uses LaunchScreen. I've provided all the image sizes in project property page, that are available to chose. When uploading the ipa file with Application Loader, it fails with ITMS-90096, missing 320x568 Launch Image. I do not see any such image that I can add to info.plist or project property file. Manually adding this to info.plist makes no difference.
2. If I remove LaunchImage from storyboard, the application does upload without any error, but when running the app, it appears as if it has been running in low resolution system. Everything is big and messed up.

I need a solution to fix item (1). Use the LaunchScreen and somehow make it iPhone-5 compatible by supplying the missing 320x568 image.

I tried some solutions in several forums but could not make it work. I keep getting the same error message whether I use Media Assets or just info.plist.

Thanks

Answers

• KevinGossKevinGoss USMember ✭✭
    edited February 2017

I am having the same problem. I am using Visual Studio 2015. Here is what I put in the Info.plist:

UILaunchImages

UILaunchImageMinimumOSVersion
    UILaunchImageName
    Default-568h
    UILaunchImageOrientation
    Portrait
    UILaunchImageSize
    {320, 568}

I also set the icons and launch images in the designer. There are a lot in the designer but they do not all show up in the info.plist like here:

CFBundleIconFiles

Icon-72.png
    [email protected]
    Icon-76.png
    [email protected]
    Default.png
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    Default-Landscape.png
    [email protected]
    Default-Portrait.png
    [email protected]
    Icon-Small-40.png
    [email protected]
    Icon-Small.png
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

I get this error:
    ERROR: ERROR ITMS-90096: "Your binary is not optimized for iPhone 5 - New iPhone apps and app updates submitted must support the 4-inch display on iPhone 5 and must include a launch image referenced in the Info.plist under UILaunchImages with a UILaunchImageSize value set to {320, 568}. Launch images must be PNG files and located at the top-level of your bundle, or provided within each .lproj folder if you localize your launch images. Learn more about iPhone 5 support and app launch images by reviewing the 'iOS Human Interface Guidelines' at https://developer.apple.com/ios/human-interface-guidelines/graphics/launch-screen."

I have tried putting the aforementioned image in the root and in the resources folder. No matter what I do I get the same error. All of the images for IOS 7+ are supplied in the designer in Visual Studio.

Any help is appreciated. I am not using asset catalog.

Note: I got it to upload if I put it on iPhome only (not universal), but that messes up the iPad app (zooming). I got it working by removing the launchscreen for iPad. We would like it to be universal but cannot due to this error.

• thedeethedee USMember ✭✭

Anyone have a solution on this?