Update to VS2017RC - no connection to mac agent

SebastianKruseSebastianKruse USMember ✭✭✭
edited February 2017 in Xamarin.iOS

I just installed the new Visual Studio 2017 RC. But now my Mac Agent can't get connected. The log files from the troubleshooting xamarin wiki are all empty. My Mac runs with the latest Mac OS X, XCode and with the latest Xamarin Studio stable build. If I try to connect, the "Xamarin Mac Agent" needs a few seconds and simply does nothing. No connection, no error, no warning, just nothing. I found a few things like "Update to latest Xamarin.iOS for VS on Windows" but I can't find anything about how I can update my Xamarin.iOS for VS on Windows. The menu from Visual Studio / Options / Xamarin is not there for an update search... Please help I'm totally stucked with this... I have no idea what could be wrong.

• SebastianKruseSebastianKruse USMember ✭✭✭

Does someone knows wich *.exe files and ports must be allowed in the firewall? And where can I search for Xamarin updates now? The menu is not there: http://puu.sh/tPWmm/345b701ffe.png

• prashantvcprashantvc USXamarin Team Xamurai

What version of Xamarin tools are you using on the Mac? Make sure you that you use the latest Alpha builds

• SebastianKruseSebastianKruse USMember ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

Is the new Visual Studio not supported by the stable build yet? And can I change it back to stable if the support is available? And how do I configure my Visual Studio 2017 RC to use Xamarin Alpha builds?