WatchKit 3: Could not resolve host IPs for WiFi debugger settings

The release build for my WatchKit 3 app when deploying to my device is failing with error "Could not resolve host IPs for WiFi debugger settings". Any idea how to fix the problem? Debugging was not enabled for the release build. I also tried disabling debugging for the debug build, but to no avail.

Here's the relevant part of the build log:

Target _DetectDebugNetworkConfiguration:
DetectDebugNetworkConfiguration Task
DebugOverWiFi: True
DebuggerHosts:
SdkIsSimulator: False
/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/iOS/Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets: error : Could not resolve host IPs for WiFi debugger settings
Task "DetectDebugNetworkConfiguration" execution -- FAILED

Other things I've tried so far: cleaning the build and restarting the Xamarin IDE.
'
Thanks,
Todd

Best Answer

Answers

• HaleLeonHaleLeon USUniversity

I'm having the same issue, and your methods that fixed it aren't working for me. I could really use some help with this!

• JakovljevicIgorJakovljevicIgor USMember ✭✭✭

Using WiFi is a bad idea, I would suggest using a cable connection. But I have noticed that it works better, if you connect using a IP and not the xamarin Agent device found. Also a suggestion is to close Xcode on your mac agent, turning of VS, , starting a new instance of VS,then switching the profiles. Hope something helps.

• dom123dom123 USMember ✭✭
    edited February 2017

Same problem here. I am not using debug over wifi, I tried all the above, it didn't work for me.
    I also get in the log:
    Target _DetectDebugNetworkConfiguration:
    DetectDebugNetworkConfiguration Task
    DebugOverWiFi: True

Edit: Manually editing the *.iOSWatch.csproj and *.iOSWatchExtension.csproj to set DebugOverWiFi to false, seems to work for me.