App crashes in release mode but not in debug mode.

JPHochbaumJPHochbaum USMember ✭✭✭

There seems to be several fixes for this issue on the forum but after rolling through all the fixes none of them have worked.

Is there a way to perhaps log the crash so I could see why it is happening?

Tagged:

Answers

• KrayemKrayem LYMember ✭✭

Try to build with linking SDK assemblies only

• JPHochbaumJPHochbaum USMember ✭✭✭

I did try that fix already.

What I am trying to do now is set up a logging system on my initial splash page to log where it is crashing.

In Android release mode how do I go about creating a log file so I can see where the app is crashing?

All I need to know is how to write to a log file. I tried writing to a log file on my machine but it is denying access because it is an android simulator.

I am now getting very familiar with the Device Log. I put a Log.Info string in to see if it even made it into my main launch page and I didn't see a message at all.

So before it is even hitting my first splash screen it is crashing. Below I am going to add ni any weird looking warnings I am seeing from the device Log.

Warning 412 ActivityManager Force removing ActivityRecord{5384a9d4 com.beta.riskmobile/md5ccf3e83a46bbd73fa42882cba07547d7.ConnectionSplash}: app died, no saved state

Warning 412 InputMethodManagerService Window already focused, ignoring focus gain of: [email protected] attribute=null

• yousufctecyousufctec USMember ✭✭✭
    edited February 2017

Can you check the output window for more details? It will have a detailed explanation of where it failed and what's the reason as well if it is something related to settings and not to code level.

Thanks!

Yousuf.

• LjusnanLjusnan DEMember ✭✭✭

@JPHochbaum
    Please try these things:
    1) Give all permissions your app might need. Access to network/internet/external storage for example. Especially check the Internet permission.
    2) Disable "Use Shared Runtime"
    3) Disable Proguard and AOT Compilation
    4) Set Linking to "None"
    5) Set Java Max Heap Size to "1G"
    6) Check all supported architectures