Forum Xamarin.Android
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Visual Studio Android Layout Designer Disaster

john82john82 ITMember ✭✭✭

Hi,

I don't know if it's only to me, but the Android Layout Designer in VS is become really "buggy" and sometimes it's really frustrating working with it.

Some issues:

• It duplicates elements when drag&dropping from the tool bar
  • It refreshs slowly
  • It crash when passing from design to xml editor
  • It make VS crash or freeze

I'm currently using the latest version of Xamarin for

Xamarin 4.2.1.64
Xamarin Android 7.0.2.37

Android SDKs are all up to date
Java SDKS are all up to date

what's wrong with it? :(

• shawshaw USXamarin Team, Insider Xamurai

Are you still seeing this with the latest beta release? If so, please let us know.

• john82john82 ITMember ✭✭✭

I've just installed the beta version, and tried some changes on some layouts. Unfortunately it seems that designer still have important issues: very slow in general, after opening two o three layouts files and few changes were applied the designer won't update any control when changing any property. If I close the layout ant try to reopen it, designer will load forever the file without an end. I need then to restart VS. Opening and closing the designer when working on a layout is a total "pain", it takes a lot of time when I close it.

• john82john82 ITMember ✭✭✭

This still happens :(

• It duplicates elements when drag&dropping from the tool bar