Issues with VS2015 Enterprise using latest Xamarin

Hi Guys.

Since upgrading Xamarin on My Mac and on VS2015 Update 3 enterprise, I am unable to load Droid or IOS projects due to "XamarinSHellPackage did not load correctly".

Taking the benefit of the doubt, I did a complete re-install of VS2015 update 3. This didn't work, and I installed the recommended MSI from a discussion I found on your forum suggesting I install (3.1x) and this works, however as my MacBuild has been upgraded to the latest Xamarin, the build host does not work.

I have tried installing the latest BETA MSI, and now get the old "XamarinShellPackage" package did not load correctly. I then re-tried clearing down the ComponentModelCache and restarted, but the error still persists.

I really don't want to have to downgrade my Mac Xamarin build.

Is there anyone from Xamarin who can shed any light?

Tagged:

Answers

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

You updated badly. I can tell you it does all work correctly with VS2015u3.

James Montemagmo did a nice article on doing a proper upgrade. That should get you back on track.
    http://motzcod.es/post/150380059392/preparing-machines-for-xamarin-cycle

• KevMooreKevMoore GBMember
    Thanks for that.

I have followed the steps detailed in that post. I am still getting the issue. As I have said, installing 3.1x vs tools solves the issue to a point, but any 4.x msi always results in the error in my original post. Plus, I did a complete reinstall of vs2015 u3 not an upgrade.

Surely I am not the only one experiencing this?
  • AshleyGazichAshleyGazich USXamarin Team Xamurai

Hi Kev, could you give the steps in our troubleshooting guide a try? Manually clearing the Extensions folder and checking for any stored overlay files might help; if not, there are some additional suggestions there that should get you up and running.

• KevMooreKevMoore GBMember
    Hi mate

I've been through several steps and guides in the last 2 days. Sadly none worked so I have spent the day wiping my Dev machine clean and starting from scratch from the OS up. That worked but I would only recommend to anyone if they have tried all other possibilities