QR Code for Development App

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could answer / help me with this ?..

We have built an app in Xamarin for the first time which is almost finished and instead of having to connect an iOS device directly to the development machine to get the app onto the iphone/ipad I was wondering if anyone knew or could provide guidance on how to be able to download the app on my phone by scanning a QR Code.
A previous developer I was working with for a different app managed to set it up so they could email / text me the QR Code for the app which I would then use QR Reader Pro to Scan it which would then take me to a link to download the development app direct to my iphone.

I'm trying to do this my self so that we can send a QR code to my selected testers to download the latest version of the app to be able to test it....these tested are spread across the US so physical connection to out development machine is not possible.....i have however not been able to work it out yet.

Please help.

Tagged:

• JamesLaveryJamesLavery GBBeta, University ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you need to use TestFlight or HockeyApp - this allows you to easily distribute apps to the test team. Not sure about QR code - this might be a feature of TestFlight or HockeyApp I haven't come across.
  • Thanks James ill look into it.

• SebastianSeidel.9226SebastianSeidel.9226 DEInsider, University ✭✭✭✭

You should take a look at bitrise.io where you can add the "QR code install page" step to your workflow and easily distribute your app to your testers.