How do I implement Facebook support in an App

I installed Xamarin.Facebook but it does not recognise FacebookClient. Tried installing all versions of Facebook.sdk and get an error:
Could not install package 'Facebook.SDK n.n.n'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'MonoAndroid,Version=v7.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework.

Once Facebook.SDK fails to install, Xamarin.Facebook becomes unavailable but cannot be uninstalled because of dependencies. Can anyone tell me exactly what I am supposed to install? Tried Xamarin.Social - same error.

I seem to lose 2-3 days of work every I attempt to use NuGet. Is there a better way of doing things?

Tagged:

Answers

• DhruvGohilDhruvGohil USMember ✭✭✭

Implement Facebook Login using Xamarin.Auth

• RussSherlockRussSherlock GBMember ✭✭

When I attempt to install Xamarin.Auth I get this error??

Could not install package 'Validation 2.0.4.14103'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'Xamarin.iOS,Version=v1.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author. 0

Xamarin.Facebook installed ok. Any clues?

• rmenezesrmenezes BRMember ✭✭

Try to install one version that is compatible with Xamarin.Android.Support.Design 23.3.0. The last stable version of Xamarin Forms use this version.