error : Tool exited with code: 1. Output: Warning: --resource-rules has been deprecated in Mac OS X

PergeSrvikPergeSrvik USMember

Using the latest Xamarin.iOS trying to build our project from the command line on Yosemite ends with this error. Using monotouch-8.10.1.45. Command line is
/usr/bin/xbuild /p:Configuration=Release /p:Platform=iPhone /p:BuildIpa=true /p:IpaIncludeArtwork=false /target:Build App.sln.

Output:

Target _CodesignAppBundle:
            Codesign Task
              CodesignAllocate: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/codesign_allocate
              Entitlements: obj/iPhone/Release/Entitlements.xcent
              Resource: bin/iPhone/Release/IOSPlatform.app
              ResourceRules: bin/iPhone/Release/IOSPlatform.app/ResourceRules.plist
              SigningKey: 735DDC0DB350A67E5B98C68C6D1D175A3FAC3046
              ExtraArgs: <null>
            Tool /usr/bin/codesign execution started with arguments: -v --force --sign 735DDC0DB350A67E5B98C68C6D1D175A3FAC3046 --resource-rules bin/iPhone/Release/IOSPlatform.app/ResourceRules.plist --entitlements obj/iPhone/Release/Entitlements.xcent bin/iPhone/Release/IOSPlatform.app 
            Warning: --resource-rules has been deprecated in Mac OS X >= 10.10!
            bin/iPhone/Release/IOSPlatform.app: User interaction is not allowed.

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/iOS/Xamarin.iOS.Common.targets: error : Tool exited with code: 1. Output: Warning: --resource-rules has been deprecated in Mac OS X >= 10.10!
bin/iPhone/Release/IOSPlatform.app: User interaction is not allowed.

Task "Codesign" execution -- FAILED
        Done building target "_CodesignAppBundle" in project "/Applications/buildAgent/work/f19401d1ed75997e/IOSPlatform/IOSPlatform.csproj".-- FAILED
    Done building project "/Applications/buildAgent/work/f19401d1ed75997e/IOSPlatform/IOSPlatform.csproj".-- FAILED
Task "MSBuild" execution -- FAILED
Done building target "Build" in project "/Applications/buildAgent/work/f19401d1ed75997e/App.sln".-- FAILED

Done building project "/Applications/buildAgent/work/f19401d1ed75997e/App.sln".-- FAILED

Tagged:

• JeffreyStedfastJeffreyStedfast USXamarin Team Xamurai

The problem isn't the ResourceRules.plist (as you can see in the log, that is just a warning... which is already fixed in the 8.12 development branch).

The actual error is "User interaction is not allowed."

This likely means that your certificate keychain is locked and user interaction is not allowed because you are presumably building on a remote machine where you only have a command shell (i.e. not over RDP).

• PergeSrvikPergeSrvik USMember

Thank you, that is correct. Caused by running it logged in with SSH.

• Vijay.9077Vijay.9077 USMember

well guys i have this issue

Target _CodesignAppBundle:
    Codesign Task
    CodesignAllocate: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/codesign_allocate
    Entitlements: obj/iPhone/Release/Entitlements.xcent
    Resource: bin/iPhone/Release/helloworld.app
    ResourceRules: bin/iPhone/Release/helloworld.app/ResourceRules.plist
    SigningKey: 307FFEC2B10181117D5E133CBC7F0B329A8E6CEA
    ExtraArgs:
    Tool /usr/bin/codesign execution started with arguments: -v --force --sign 307FFEC2B10181117D5E133CBC7F0B329A8E6CEA --resource-rules bin/iPhone/Release/helloworld.app/ResourceRules.plist --entitlements obj/iPhone/Release/Entitlements.xcent bin/iPhone/Release/helloworld.app
    bin/iPhone/Release/helloworld.app: object file format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable

what is the problem with this line "object file format unrecognized, invalid, or unsuitable"?

can you tell me guys?

• sudhir.9350sudhir.9350 INUniversity ✭✭

Not sure if anyone is still having this issue. But providing the solution (that worked for me) so if anyone search for it they can resolve it.

Follow the answer on this Stackoverflow question:
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/20205162/user-interaction-is-not-allowed-trying-to-sign-an-osx-app-using-codesign

• JKayJKay USMember ✭✭✭

@sudhir.9350 The link looks like it might work. But do you know what keychain item I need to grant access to is?

• ThatoMolefeThatoMolefe ZAMember

Also got the following when trying to debug om my iPhone through xamarin studio: Tool exited with code: 1. Output: Warning: --resource-rules has been deprecated in Mac OS X >= 10.10! invalid resource specification rule(s)