Xamarin Installer cannot detect Android SDK and NDK

sherry08sherry08 PKMember
edited August 2016 in General

Hello community, help required.
I was about to start developing in xamarin, but i cannot complete the setup process.
I am following the exact same steps from the official guide, but i cannot make the 'xamarin universal installer' detect android sdk and ndk.
I installed java, android sdk 'installer_r24.4.1-windows.exe' and ndk 'android-ndk-r12b-windows-x86.zip'
The android sdk and ndk are in the following directory 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk' and 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\ndk\android-ndk-r12b'
**I also tried to remove the 'ndk' folder and tried to paste the 'android-ndk-r12b' directly inside the 'Android' but i also didn't worked...
I have tried installation with 2 different types
1. The SDK location was detected by installer but still downloads SDK and NDK. size to be downloaded: 2.99 GB
2. The SDK location was chosen by me, this time i only shows to download SDK 24.4.1. size to be downloaded: 3.25 GB
QUESTION: which installation should i go for?? The size is big thats why i thought it will be better to ask first, rather wasting time and getting things not work.
Thanks, hoping for help.
*Using windows 8.1 Pro x64

Answers

• LajeshDLajeshD USMember ✭✭

Provide this path separately using the "Add new location" button in the first screen.
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\ndk\android-ndk-r12b

• sherry08sherry08 PKMember

What about SDK then?

• Steve_WilliamsSteve_Williams AUBeta ✭✭

Xamarin.Android checks for ndk-stack.exe in the NDK folder, but Google changed it to ndk-stack.cmd in NDK r12b, so Xamarin.Android no longer recognizes the NDK folder.

• sherry08sherry08 PKMember

so if i just make an empty ndk-stack.exe to just bypass the checking, will it work?
    or any other way?

• Felix.xFelix.x USMember ✭✭

My workaround is to use NDK version r11c.