using UIScrollView to swipe through images

pelisterpelister USMember ✭✭

hi. I have a table view with custom UITableViewCell which contains a square UIScrollView as wide as the table view. the scroll view will be used for horizontally swiping through an array of images up to 5 items.

I created the cell design in Xcode, the checkboxes of UIScrollView for "Scrolling Enabled" and "Paging Enabled" are checked. as for the scroll indicators, I only checked "Shows Horizontal Indicator".

Now I am trying to populate the scroll view with image views, my problem is that only the first image is displayed with the below code:

byte[][] buffers = ...; for (int i = 0; i < buffers.Length; i++) { var img = new UIImageView(new UIImage(NSData.FromArray(buffers[i]))); img.ContentMode = UIViewContentMode.ScaleAspectFill; PhotosScrollView.AddSubview(img); } PhotosScrollView.ContentSize = new CGSize(this.PhotosScrollView.Frame.Size.Width * buffers.Length, this.PhotosScrollView.Frame.Size.Height);

I am new to iOS and I cannot figure out what causes the rest of the images not showing up. any ideas would be highly appreciated!

Answers

• JohnMillerJohnMiller USForum Administrator, Xamarin Team Xamurai

@ugurpelister,

I believe the issue is because of this:

PhotosScrollView.AddSubview(img);

This is basically adding each image on top of the previous one which is not what you want. You may be interested in the approach used in this sample.