Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Forms

Unable to build application (nugets?)

Hi guys.

I've got a super-basic XF application that initially ran into a problem where a reference to a nuget wasn't updated (I just updated to the latest version of Xamarin, and the nuget versions didn't seem to have followed suit); I think it was AppCompat and RecylerViewer as per a different thread.

However, after having followed said thread I'm not encountering this issue:

Error 132 java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: already added : Landroid/support/v4/accessibilityservice/AccessibilityServiceInfoCompat; C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Xamarin\Android\Xamarin.Android.Common.targets 2072 3 FirstApp.Droid

This is the line it's referring to:

<CompileToDalvik 
    Condition="'$(UseJackAndJill)'!='True'"
    DxJarPath="$(DxJarPath)"
    JavaToolPath="$(JavaToolPath)"
    JavaMaximumHeapSize="$(JavaMaximumHeapSize)"
    JavaOptions="$(JavaOptions)"
    ClassesOutputDirectory="$(IntermediateOutputPath)android\bin\classes"
    ToolPath="$(DxToolPath)"
    ToolExe="$(DxToolExe)"
    UseDx="$(UseDx)"
    MultiDexEnabled="$(AndroidEnableMultiDex)"
    MultiDexMainDexListFile="$(_AndroidMainDexListFile)"
    JavaLibrariesToCompile="@(_JavaLibrariesToCompileForAppDx)"
    OptionalObfuscatedJarFile="$(IntermediateOutputPath)proguard\__proguard_output__.jar"
  />

I assumed there either could be a circular dependency or that other nuget packages are out of date. So I attempted to update my other nugets, but am told by the nuget manager that there are no compatible content files refering to xamarin.ios, version=1.0:

Install-Package : Could not install package 'Xamarin.Android.Support.Compat 24.2.1'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets 'Xamarin.iOS,Version=v1.0', but the package does not

contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author.
At line:1 char:1

For reference I've cleaned - built, cleaned - rebuilt etc, but nothing seems to fix the underlying issue(s)...

Best Answer

Answers

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

You're not suppose to update the android packages. You update the Xamarin.Forms package only and it'll update them packages if it has dependencies for them.

• Huh... That's a bit odd, then. I followed marked answer on a question that was very similar to mine... Any suggestion(s) on how I go about fixing my project, then?

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@JoakimBajoulKakaei.9989

As @lpdavies said: Don't ever update the Android.Support packages. Ever.
    https://redpillxamarin.wordpress.com/2016/12/23/202-starting-on-the-right-foot/

At this point you might be able to fix things by uninstalling Xamarin.Forms NuGet package then installing just the Xamarin.Forms NuGet. It will get the support libraries it needs.