XamarinSimulatedSensors.Droid "CreateAdditionalLibraryResourceCache" System.IO.PathTooLongException

When is Microsoft going to suck it up and fix this SNAFU? Does anybody have an idea in the meantime besides renaming the paths?

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error The "CreateAdditionalLibraryResourceCache" task failed unexpectedly.
System.IO.PathTooLongException: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.
at System.IO.Path.NormalizePath(String path, Boolean fullCheck, Int32 maxPathLength, Boolean expandShortPaths)
at System.IO.Path.GetDirectoryName(String path)
at Xamarin.Android.Tools.Files.CopyIfChanged(String source, String destination)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.CreateAdditionalLibraryResourceCache.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskExecutionHost.Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.ITaskExecutionHost.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BackEnd.TaskBuilder.d__26.MoveNext() XamarinSimulatedSensors.Droid

Answers

• kentuckerkentucker USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not see this error and I have enabled long file names in win 10 pro anniversary update. I also use VSTS git source control for all my projects and the path name is a little shorter to start with if you clone the repository and create the app in that default source code folder. Keep in mind just because long files name are enabled does not mean an app supports it.

http://www.onteorasoftware.com/2016/08/how-to-enable-long-file-names-in.html