Forum Xamarin.iOS

Error trying to build iOS project for testflight - Error executing task DetectSigningIdentity

KyleHKyleH USMember
edited March 2016 in Xamarin.iOS

Hi all, I'm pretty new to iOS development, coming from experience in windows dev.
I've been stuck for a few hours now on trying to build out this project that I've been working on and any solutions I've found online haven't seemed to help solve it.
On my windows machine using Visual Studio 2015 the error I get is:
'The "DetectSigningIdentity" task failed unexpectedly.

On my Mac on Xamarin Studio the error I get is:
'Error executing task DetectSigningIdentity: Directory '/Users/Development/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles' not found.'

I have tried everything I can think of including restarting machines, having both a Development and Production iOS certificate and having tried every possible option here (downloaded, added to Keychain and windows equivalent, etc).
The with the iOS Bundle Signing options the Provisioning Profile is 'Unknown ()' in Xamarin Studio, and the Provisioning Profile is set to 'Automatic' in Visual Studio.

Edit: Wow, worked it out like 5 minutes after posting. It was that I didn't have the Distribution Provisioning Profile downloaded and ready to use. Which makes sense. I need another coffee I think.

Answers

• ChibzChibz DKMember

Hi KyleH,

How do you download the 'Distribution Provisioning Profile'?

I am trying to run this component : https://components.xamarin.com/view/xcardview

I am getting the same error as you.

• loonloonloonloon MYMember ✭✭
    edited July 2016

Hi, I have get the same error message"'Error executing task DetectSigningIdentity" in visual studio 2015 with Windows 10. Anyone know how to solve it?

• loonloonloonloon MYMember ✭✭
    edited August 2016

Hi, I get the same error "'Error executing task DetectSigningIdentity" in visual studio 2015 with Windows 10. Anyone know how to solve it?

HI BBeckham, I think this issue because of the project has tied with some certificate signing and need try to add or remove it. Besides, I have try to create a new project (blank) and able to run in iphone simulator.

• BRassBRass USMember

I'm getting this as well. Did anyone resolve this?

• I'm in the same boat. Any updates??

• AmirAbdiAmirAbdi USMember ✭✭

And I have the same problem

• Hi everybody, did anyone find a solution for this issue ? I'm in the same boat too :neutral:

• SatinderSidhuSatinderSidhu USMember ✭✭

The problems seems like you don't have proper Profiles installed on your machine. To verify Open your XCode-> Prefernces , Go to accounts and view if you have all the profiles loaded (which you created in ITunes connect)