Timed out waiting for result of ClearAppData2 not fully fixed

In this thread you said, that the issue Timed out waiting for result of ClearAppData2 is now fixed. But when running my application on Bitrise CI with Xamarin.UITest 1.3.5, I still get this exception:

SetUp : System.Exception : Timed out waiting for result of ClearAppData2 Stack trace: at Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Android.Commands.CommandAdbClearAppData.Execute (IProcessRunner processRunner, IAndroidSdkTools androidSdkTools) <0x38b3e90 + 0x0064b> in <filename unknown>:0 at Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Execution.Executor.Execute[TDep1,TDep2] (ICommand2 command) <0x32b6478 + 0x00092> in <filename unknown>:0 at Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Android.LocalAndroidAppLifeCycle.EnsureInstalled (Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Android.ApkFile appApkFile, Xamarin.UITest.Shared.Android.ApkFile testServerApkFile) <0x37418c8 + 0x0017a> in <filename unknown>:0 at Xamarin.UITest.Android.AndroidApp..ctor (IAndroidAppConfiguration appConfiguration) <0x31a15e8 + 0x0047a> in <filename unknown>:0 at Xamarin.UITest.Configuration.AndroidAppConfigurator.StartApp (AppDataMode appDataMode) <0x30b4298 + 0x00063> in <filename unknown>:0 at SightPlayer.Core.Test.AppInitializer.StartApp (Platform platform) <0x30b2448 + 0x000ef> in <filename unknown>:0 at SightPlayer.Core.Test.Tests.BeforeEachTest () <0x30b23f8 + 0x00013> in <filename unknown>:0 at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (System.Reflection.MonoMethod,object,object[],System.Exception&) at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) <0x30b2208 + 0x00093> in <filename unknown>:0

The user xamarin-admin still has access to the repository on Bitrise, if you want to take a look.

• What was the resolution on this?

• AlexanderPachaAlexanderPacha USMember

I haven't been working on the UI-Tests lately anymore, so I don't know the current state. But if you are still getting this error, then it is probably not fully resolved yet.

• JatinBDJatinBD INMember
    edited September 2016

I am getting the same exception when starting the already installed App:

app = ConfigureApp
    .Android
    .DeviceSerial("Device serial ")
    .InstalledApp("Package Name")
    .StartApp();

Test Name: TestWelcomeScreens
    Test Outcome: Failed
    Result Message: Initialization method DHPAuto.UnitTest1.setUP threw exception. System.Exception: System.Exception: Timed out waiting for result of ClearAppData2.
    Result StandardOutput:
    WARNING: No Test Cloud compatible unit test framework has been found. NUnit 2.6.4 is recommended.
    Full log file: C:\Users\jatin.nagpal\AppData\Local\Temp\uitest\log-2016-09-14_17-12-25-547.txt
    Skipping IDE integration as important properties are configured. To force IDE integration, add .PreferIdeSettings() to ConfigureApp.
    Android test running Xamarin.UITest version: 1.3.15
    Initializing Android app on device ENU7N16612000812 with installed app: SomeApp.XX
    Skipping local screenshots. Can be enabled with EnableScreenshots() when configuring app.
    Signing apk with internal keystore.

Please suggest solution.

• Thank you @Glenn.Wilson! I owe you big time! :)