Uninstalled All Visual Studio and Installed the VS 2017 RC and I get these irritating errors

MarkVincentMarkVincent PHMember ✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in Cross Platform with Xamarin

I'm having a problem since friday night. About this error. I didn't do anything but just installed the new Visual Studio Community RC 2017 in my computer. After that, these same errors appears on my Visual Studio 2015 and I can't able to run any cross platform development. What I did was, I uninstalled all of my visual studio in my computer and then just install the Visual Studio 2017 RC on my laptop. After creating a new project and running, I get these errors again. Somebody help me?

Answers

• kentuckerkentucker USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

If you put your mouse over those errors doesn't the expanded text tell you how to download the missing zip files?

• MarkVincentMarkVincent PHMember ✭✭✭

@kentucker I'm sorry man. but I already downloaded it many times, (using the error click) still no fix happened.

• TandiSunartoTandiSunarto USMember
    edited December 2016

I got the same error, the way I resolved it was a bit messy.

1. Add this line below to packages.config
      <package id="Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.RecyclerView" version="23.4.0.1" targetFramework="monoandroid60" />
    2. Build the droid project. It will still fail but it will download this package to your machine
      C:...\\packages\Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.RecyclerView.23.4.0.1
    3. Add reference to the dll below
      C:...\\packages\Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.RecyclerView.23.4.0.1\lib\MonoAndroid403\Xamarin.Android.Support.v7.RecyclerView.dll

After that I could build and deploy droid app to the emulator.