Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Android

Android Emulator options

I don't think I am doing anything too unusual. I have a Mac to do iOS and Android app development on. On my Mac I have VM Fusion running Windows 10 where I do my server based development using C# connected to SQL Server. The problem I have is with the emulator. I was using Xamarin Android Player fairly successfully but that seems to have been put to pasture. The standard android emulator with Intel HAXM seems to be what Xamarin is pushing now (and was the default for a new project I created in Visual Studio for Mac yesterday). The problem is that the emulator will only start up when I am not running anything in VM Fusion. Which makes it a little hard to test my app connecting to a server....

So is it expected behaviour that I be having to stop VM Fusion to run Android Emulator? If not, do I have to use another emulator? Do they have same sort of limitations?

• BerayBentesenBerayBentesen TRUniversity ✭✭✭✭

@JeffButterworth HAXM is potentially flaky and does not work stable and it would be the first cause of problem.

The problem is that the emulator will only start up when I am not running anything in VM Fusion.

I haven't tested or used but this would be a problem because of VM Fusion.

Using real device strongly recommended especially for Android btw.

• JeffButterworthJeffButterworth AUMember ✭✭

@BerayBentesen Thanks.