Privisioning on iOS Device!

EBatikEBatik NLMember ✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in Xamarin.Forms

Hello ppl!! I would like to deploy my Xamarin Forms app to an iOS development device for the first time, just to test how it actually looks and works. Should i follow the steps https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/deployment,_testing,_and_metrics/testflight/ and act like is an iOS xamarin app or there is another way for Xamarin Form Apps? I would really appreciate if someone could guide me through this procedure. Thanks!

Answers

• EBatikEBatik NLMember ✭✭✭

okay! but on step 5 -> Plug in the iOS device you wish to deploy to and create a new blank single-view iOS project in Xcode. I Dont work with xcode! i am working with VS15 and xf

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016

As far as I'm aware you need a Mac to deploy to an iOS device, you should't need to put up a TestFlight build just to look at your app from a phone.

Yes i have a mac next to my pc!

• seanydaseanyda GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

You use Xcode to create the provisional profile, It's not making the app in Xcode. Follow the documentation on your mac and it'll work.

edited November 2016

ok. the empty app i created on step 5 is working on the iphone! but after step 10 how can i run my ios project from xamarinforms/vs15 from my pc to the iphone device?

found it! i just selected the development device from the vs and run :) Thanks so much!!!