How to use a database already populated in an Android App?

Hi everyone.
I am a new starter in Xamarin and I am creating a small Android App in C# Visual Studio just to show me some data on the screen.
I don't want to create a new database since I already have one imported in SQLite Studio.
So, my question is how to create a connection with this database to bring me the data?
Should I add the database file inside my Asset's folder or all I need to do is reference it in a connection string?
Thanks in advance.

• GeoffAGeoffA USMember ✭✭

One option:

You could just save it in External storage on the device, add the permission for External storage (in the Android Manifest) and then just load it from there.

Then you can change it and download it again easily.

• @GeoffAldridge.4298 said:
    One option:

You could just save it in External storage on the device, add the permission for External storage (in the Android Manifest) and then just load it from there.

@GeoffAldridge.4298 said:
    One option:

Thanks for the suggestion!! And what if I want to add my database in the App, how should I proceed?