Mac Agent failed to connect - Renci.SshNet could not be loaded

alexmaniealexmanie ESMember ✭✭

After installing Visual Studio 2015 Preview 5, I cann't connect to Mac Agent.
On Xamarin logs, the error I found was:

Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.MacServer Error: 0 : [2016-10-24 17:05:38.4707] Could not load file or assembly 'Renci.SshNet,

Also, the Mag Agent connecting screen always tell me "Couldn't retrieve SSH Fingerprint".

I'm working on a Parallels Windows 10 MV on a Mac Book Pro.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• SebBartholomewSebBartholomew USMember ✭✭

I had this today, there is a bug raised that sounds like what you're experiencing.

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=47263

• Does anyone have fix? Or is everyone working directly on Mac?

• EdBarnesEdBarnes USMember ✭✭

I ran into this today as well. After last update.

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Renci.SshNet, Version=2016.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1cee9f8bde3db106' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'Renci.SshNet, Version=2016.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1cee9f8bde3db106'
    at Xamarin.Messaging.Client.Ssh.SshFingerprintRetriever.RetrieveFingerprintAsync(String host)
    at Xamarin.Messaging.Client.Ssh.SshFingerprintRetriever.d__0.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.Messaging.FingerprintRetriever.d__2.MoveNext() in c:\data\lanes\3513\680125b0\source\xamarinvs\src\Core\VisualStudio.IOS\Messaging\FingerprintRetriever.cs:line 20
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Xamarin.VisualStudio.IOS.MacServer.d__53.MoveNext() in c:\data\lanes\3513\680125b0\source\xamarinvs\src\Core\VisualStudio.IOS\Messaging\MacServer.cs:line 363

• cassionandicassionandi USMember ✭✭

Same problem here.
    There is some way to rollback this update? I need to publish next week, can't wait for official fix =\

• NguyenKhuongNguyenKhuong VNMember
    edited November 2016

thanks @EdBarnes answers, I think it conflict with Renci.SshNet, Version=2014.x.x of Microsoft Azure Data Lake Tools for Visual Studio 2015, uninstall it if not use.

• SHISHAXXXSHISHAXXX USMember

Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Microsoft Azure Data Lake Tools for Visual Studio 2015\2.2.2100.0

There is an older version of the Renci.SSHNet.dll. Rename it.

• Beachside_JasonBeachside_Jason USMember ✭✭

This sums it up and provides an installer that fixes the issue without having to rename Renci.SSHNet.dll (although that worked for me, after a couple of extra VS restarts...and spinning counter-clockwise 3 times).

• The patch worked for me as well.

• AliRaza.5445AliRaza.5445 PKMember ✭✭✭

@SHISHAXXX said:
    Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 14.0\Common7\IDE\Extensions\Microsoft\Microsoft Azure Data Lake Tools for Visual Studio 2015\2.2.2100.0

There is an older version of the Renci.SSHNet.dll. Rename it.

What should be the new name after renaming Renci.SSHNet.dll ?