Forum Xamarin.iOS

Back Button In UITabBarController

Hello

I'm building an application which requires navigation within a UITabBarController, which is also being called from within a UINavigationController.
When navigating in the UITabBarController from ViewController A to ViewController B, the back button is not being showed on ViewController B.

I think it has something to do with the UITabBarController's tabs having their own UINavigationController, while the UITabBarController itself is also used within a UINavigationController.

I added a testing project in ZIP format, sketching my problem as simple as possible.

Thank you in advance!

• JimmyGarridoJimmyGarrido USXamarin Team Xamurai

Yes! This is due to the root UINavigationController covering the other navigation bar. Fortunately you can hide the root navigation bar by setting NavigationBarHidden to true:

TabController tabController = new TabController();
    Window.RootViewController = new UINavigationController(tabController) { NavigationBarHidden = true};

• Thank you for the help Jimmy!

Hiding the NavigationBar when ViewControllerB becomes present and showing the NavigationBar when ViewControllerA becomes present provides a proper solution!