Button on some android platforms shows border / shadow?

GeorgeMCeaserJrGeorgeMCeaserJr ✭✭USMember ✭✭
edited November 2016 in Xamarin.Forms

I have the following style declared in my App.Xaml

<Style TargetType="Button">
                <Setter Property="BorderWidth" Value="-2" />
                <Setter Property="BackgroundColor" Value="Transparent" />
                <Setter Property="BorderColor" Value="Transparent" />
                <Setter Property="BorderRadius" Value="0"/>
            </Style>

I have verified the controls on my page are using this style by changing the BackgroundColor to red. When I run a page with the following buttons declared,

<StackLayout  Grid.Row="4" Grid.Column="0" Grid.ColumnSpan="2" x:Name="gvButtons" VerticalOptions="Start" HorizontalOptions ="FillAndExpand" Margin="0,0,0,-4" Orientation="Horizontal">
<Button x:Name="btnRate" Grid.Column="0" Grid.Row="0" Clicked="btnRate_Clicked" HeightRequest="32"
                                  HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand" VerticalOptions="Center" Image="smallstar.png" Text="{ext:Translate Rate}"
                                  TextColor="Black" FontSize="Micro" FontAttributes="Bold" />   
<Button x:Name="btnMap" Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="0" Clicked="btnMap_Clicked" HeightRequest="32"
                                            HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand" VerticalOptions="Center" Image="map.png" Text="{ext:Translate Map}"
    <Button x:Name="btnCLosed" Grid.Column="2" Grid.Row="0" Clicked="btnCLosed_Clicked" HeightRequest="32"
                                            HorizontalOptions="CenterAndExpand" VerticalOptions="Center" Image="closed.png" Text="{ext:Translate Closed}"

they come out with some sort of border around then as seen in the attached file. Any suggestions?

Answers

• Jesse_JiangJesse_Jiang ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭

Maybe caused by Android Theme and style, nothing with Xamarin.Forms.

• GeorgeMCeaserJrGeorgeMCeaserJr ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

So how can I ensure that on every android device the buttons have no type of border around them. In API 19 Androids there are none. Only on the Samsung Galaxy S5.