NRE While starting the Designer 4.2.0.719 agent

DavidStrickland0DavidStrickland0 USMember ✭✭✭

So Murphy Dropped by on Friday. I did a potential RTM for my client and while I waited on their reply I upgraded my IDE to the latest version of Xamarin.

After upgrading I can no longer reach my Mac Agent. Put in a bug report @ https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=46178 but thought Id echo it here in the hopes someone might have a suggestion.

I have VS 2015 running on a PC physically cabled to a ADSL Router.
I am running my agent on a Mac-Mini with the latest update of XCode version 8.

The core error is
Xamarin.Messaging.Exceptions.MessagingException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Renci.SshNet.Session.Connect()
at Renci.SshNet.BaseClient.Connect()
at Xamarin.Messaging.Client.Ssh.SshCommandRunner.ValidateConnection()
at Xamarin.Messaging.Client.Ssh.SshCommandRunner.d__6.MoveNext()

So far Ive Updated and then Reinstalled XCode.

Oh and of course the client accepted the app and now just needs 1 minor fix before we submit to Apple.

• DavidStrickland0DavidStrickland0 USMember ✭✭✭

In case anyone else stumbles on this:
    I created a new empty application and attempted a compile.

I got a different error that said "The installed Xamarin.iOS (version 10.0) on the Mac Mac-mini.local (192.168.1.8) is not compatible with the local Xamarin.iOS 10.2."

Updating Xamarin Studio on the Mac resolved this error and once completed my original application also started working.

P.S. Murphy told me to say hi and says he promises to visit each of you in turn ;)