visual studio stops responding after change main layout

Hi, my visual studio stops responding after changing layout in android project

Debug is on real device, xamarin is latest, visual studio is 2015
And then i must restart complete pc to start working again

any idea?

Answers

• ArvindrajaArvindraja INMember ✭✭✭

what is that after changing layout in android project you are telling i didn't get
    which layout you have changed?

still it's depend upon the RAM how much your PC have if you have 16GB RAM your system work smootly, however 8GB RAM also working fine but sometime visual studio stops responding these types of problem comes. :)

• AlbertKAlbertK MYMember ✭✭✭

@Arvindraja said:
    what is that after changing layout in android project you are telling i didn't get
    which layout you have changed?

still it's depend upon the RAM how much your PC have if you have 16GB RAM your system work smootly, however 8GB RAM also working fine but sometime visual studio stops responding these types of problem comes. :)

Try one up two or more .axml layout file in Visual Studio 2015. Now Switch between the Designer and Source of one of the layout file then move to the next one, do the same. You will notice that the Designer will load forever and the only way to get it to work again is to close visual Studio and open again.

This starts happening after Xamarin 4.2 update.

• ArvindrajaArvindraja INMember ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016

sometime it happens but every time happening means some problem is there if taking time to parse xaml
    The solution may be is to set the same version for "Target version" and "Minimum version from properties
    and try to run VS2015 as administration
    hope it help you :)

• AlbertKAlbertK MYMember ✭✭✭

@Arvindraja said:
    sometime it happens but every time happening means some problem is there if taking time to parse xaml
    The solution may be is to set the same version for "Target version" and "Minimum version from properties
    and try to run VS2015 as administration
    hope it help you :)

It is all the time happening and this is repeatable across multiple machine. FYI, we are compiling the same project and the settings are all identical. Target Android Version = "Use Compile Using SDK Version"
    Compile using Android Version = " Use Latest Platform (Android 7) " Minimum Android to Target=" Android 5.0". I am pretty sure it is a big bad bug in the Designer.

On machine that do not have the Xamarin 4.2 update, there is no such issue.