Forum Xamarin.Android

Announcement:

The Xamarin Forums have officially moved to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Microsoft Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

To create new threads and ask questions head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET and get involved today.

Android Google Maps API v2 Authentication Failure

ShashShash INMember

I have followed every step for setting up the debug key from developer.google.com
I have gone through many forums and videos but I cannot find a solution to my problem.
When I run the app on emulator (Built Target " Google API v17") , The App runs, but in the Fragment assigned for Maps, Maps doesnot loads and Logcat says " Authentication Failure".
I had setup keys twice but that doesn't made any difference.
What could be the solution for this.

• DonCB2BDonCB2B USMember ✭✭✭

same problem here.

• ChristopheBERNARDChristopheBERNARD BEMember ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2016

Hello @Shash , @DonChen => don't forget to put api key and version INSIDE the tag application of your manifest and be sure about the creation of your android key with the key tool ..
    `
    application android:label="MultipleMarker"
    meta-data android:name="com.google.android.geo.API_KEY" android:value=" KEY VALUE"
    meta-data android:name="com.google.android.gms.version" android:value="@integer/google_play_services_version" application

`

i've delete the tag less more and less because not possible to see when i save the post
    hope this help