open phone dialer from app and want to have notification once the call is successfully connected

Hi. I am trying to dial a phone number from my app. I am able to dial a phone number. My requirement is I want to know or get a notification when call is successfully connected. As due to network issues (or) sim card issues. dialing a phone number from a phone will not always connect the call. I need this information for both android and iOS. Any help is appreciated.

Answers

• DaveHuntDaveHunt USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

iOS doesn't support that. You won't get any indication of whether the call connect was successful or not.

• ConwayConway USMember ✭✭

In iOS, there is a CoreTelephony framework with a CTCallCenter object through which you can register a call event handler. The call event handler provides cell call state changes such as connected, disconnected, dialing, and incoming. This mechanism appears to be deprecated in iOS10, possibly being replaced with the new CallKit framework.

The CTCallCenter object probably won't work as your application can become suspended while the call is taking place. In that case, the only notification your app will get is the disconnect. You probably won't be able to tell whether the call succeeded or not. And, it's deprecated, as @Conway mentioned.

The new CallKit framework only supports VOIP calls and cellular caller ID/call blocking and doesn't provide any cellular call notification mechanism.

• Any input for Android devices?

It doesn't look like there's a clean solution for this in Android either: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/13134331/cannot-detect-when-outgoing-call-is-answered-in-android