Forum Xamarin.Forms

iOS pop page causes NotSupportedException

BjarkeSogaardBjarkeSogaard USMember ✭✭
edited October 2016 in Xamarin.Forms

I'm experiencing an odd issue when I pop pages on iOS. It throws a NotSupportException in the NavigationRenderer's protected OnPopViewAsync. Evidently it's caught later on, so it doesn't actually break the app in any sense.

However I'd like to get rid of it, because when I use Xamarin Insights to report issue, this is reported EVERY time a user pops a view. Currently I have something like 250+ reports of just this one error, and at this point it's just unnecessary noise.

Anyone experienced something similar, and if, how did you fix it?

The line in question is:
throw new NotSupportedException("Popped page does not appear on top of current navigation stack, please file a bug.");

• AdrianKnightAdrianKnight USMember ✭✭✭✭

As the error message suggests, I'd file a bug. Stuff like this should not be happening.

• BjarkeSogaardBjarkeSogaard USMember ✭✭

I would, but I'm my own build based on the source from github. I had to make some minor changes in the source (nothing related to navigation).

So since I'm not using a Stable Release build, it wouldn't make sense to file a bug report, right? Those should only be made for stable release builds, shouldn't they?