Resize image for launchscreen using storyboard

BoVisfeldtBoVisfeldt DKMember ✭✭

I am trying to make a launchscreen for a Forms app in Xamarin.iOS.
For doing this, i have created launchimages for all resolutions of iphones (ios 4s+5, 6 and 6+) i want to support.
This is because I want to use an edge to edge image, and if using the same image for different resolution, the titlepart of it becomes distorted.

I have tried to replace the xamarin image set as default in the LaunchScreen.storyboard given in the iOS project, but:

1. I cannot set an image for each resolution and make it fullscreen in the storyboard. Is there any way of doing this?

2. If 1. is not possible, then how can I anchor the image to the edges of the screen so that it "scales to size" of all resolutions? It seems that the image dimensions is given as absolute values, so if I set the values for an iPhone5, it will not fit an iPhone 6 screen. If I make the graphics for iPhone 6 and changes to iPhone 5 layout, it spills over.

Any advice appriciated. I have been trying for days.

Answers

• gpatkosgpatkos HUMember

Hi,

I have also been trying this for several days. I have all the images, with the proper naming (based on the iOS Launch Screen tutorial) and all placed in the resources folder. No matter what I do, the storyboard ignores the different image versions for the different resolutions.

Any help would be great.

Regards,
    Gergely