Hide App Icon

Hugo.8127Hugo.8127 ✭✭USMember ✭✭
edited October 2016 in Cross Platform with Xamarin

Hello. I need to hide apps icon (external from mine). I need to develop Croos platform because i need to hide in both platforms, Android and IOS. Any idea?
Many thanks in advance.

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent ✭✭✭✭✭ USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you saying you want to hide all the other app icons on the device, other than the one for your app?

• Hugo.8127Hugo.8127 ✭✭ USMember ✭✭

No exactly. I will configure the apps to hide. Then, my app would hide thats apps.

• DaveHuntDaveHunt ✭✭✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no public iOS API to hide an app icon. I don't know of any in Android either, but that's not my specialty.

Is it imposible hide in IOS or exists some workaround? Do you think some way to do this?

There is no public iOS API to do that, as I said. Any other method would be rejected by Apple.

• MommMomm ✭✭✭ USMember ✭✭✭

If he is not submitting it to the Apple Store, being rejected wouldn't be a problem.

But I'm afraid that you can't do something like this in an easy way, perhaps you would need to jailbreak the device?

Thank you for the answers. Now, Can we move an app icon from desktop to other folder?

No. There are no public iOS APIs to manipulate app icons at all. There may be private APIs, but they're not documented, so you'd have to visit one of the "hacking" sites to find any information on that.

Ok...Many thanks DaveHunt.