How to force use of IPhone simulator with xamarin studios for mac

Beginner with xamarin studios for mac, I don't succeed to execute a simple pcl cross platform project on the simulator.
I Use Xcode 8 under ELCapitan and Xamarin Studio.

When I choose output to IPhone simulator and I apply output configuration is not changed.

I also have a Visual Studio 2015 under Windows 10 and solution in in Team Foundation Server (VS2015 for Windows and Eclipse/TFS Everywhere for the mac).

If I launch the application from the PC linked to the mac, I can select the Simulator and the application is launched in it.
If I am on the mac with Xamarin Studio, I can't change the output configuration and Execute application menu are grayed.
This, even is I executed the app with the PC then I checked in the projects and reopen it in the Xamarin Studio.

I don't understand.

Could you help me ?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• benishiyama-levybenishiyama-levy SGUniversity ✭✭

1) Does your iOS project loads on Xamarin Studio ?

2) Did you select your iOS project as startup project

3) On Project / Solution Options / Configuration / Configuration Mappings, is you iOS project build checkbox ticked for the configuration you are trying to launch?

4) Did you try with an empty Xamarin.Forms project created from scratch on Xamarin Studio?

• Lolo2ParisLolo2Paris FRMember

@benishiyama-levy said:
    1) Does your iOS project loads on Xamarin Studio ?

YES

@benishiyama-levy said:
    2) Did you select your iOS project as startup project

YES

@benishiyama-levy said:
    3) On Project / Solution Options / Configuration / Configuration Mappings, is you iOS project build checkbox ticked for the configuration you are trying to launch?

HERE IS THE ISSUE : I see Debug | IPhone simulator in configuration selector. When I select it, it seems ok. If I come back to this screen, I lost my selection.

@benishiyama-levy said:
    4) Did you try with an empty Xamarin.Forms project created from scratch on Xamarin Studio?

YES (but I tried an other one created with visual studio, same issue).

Thanks for your help

• benishiyama-levybenishiyama-levy SGUniversity ✭✭

can you attach a screenshot?

Later I'm not in my office.

• JohnHJohnH GBMember ✭✭✭✭✭

HERE IS THE ISSUE : I see Debug | IPhone simulator in configuration selector. When I select it, it seems ok. If I come back to this screen, I lost my selection.

When selecting the configuration you don't go to a different screen, you select it top left of the Xamarin Studio main window, next to the run icon. So when you say 'come back to this screen' I think you are changing the configuration somewhere else.

@JohnHair said:

When selecting the configuration you don't go to a different screen, you select it top left of the Xamarin Studio main window, next to the run icon. So when you say 'come back to this screen' I think you are changing the configuration somewhere else.

In the configuration selector (only in Xamarin Studio on Mac) I don't see IPhoneSimulator in the device selector.

Only Default and Device.

Do you have XCode installed?

@JohnHair said:
    Do you have XCode installed?

You can't install Xamarin Studio without Xcode. I have Xcode 8.0.

Regards

Post the screenshot when you get to work, something sounds amiss.

• PubuduGayanPubuduGayan NZMember ✭✭✭

@Lolo2Paris

ok can you check this can you go to your mac and type this in your terminal sudo nano /etc/ssh/sshd_config if it not there sudo nano /etc/sshd_config it should be either place.

and go to UseDNS just follow the instruction below the terminal screen. if you find #UseDNS or # UseDNS then replace UseDNS no like that and save it.

caution: be careful when you do this. don't edit any other places. ok

Ok thanks. This mac is a virtual machine. I try it on an other virtual machine and in this one, I see the list of possible version in the device drop down. So I think the problem is a config one.

I'll check that tonight.

Thanks for your help

@JohnHair said:
    Post the screenshot when you get to work, something sounds amiss.

Sorry, yesterday I didn't worked on the machine with the issue. As you can read in my previous post. The list of device dosen't include simulated divices. It's the only difference with the woking machine.

Regards