How to use Azure DocumentDB

RHudsonRHudson CAMember ✭✭✭

Folks, I searched the forums for 'documentdb' and found nothing.

I'd like to use a NO-SQL approach in my project and store data as JSON using Azure DocumentDB

Anyone had success doing this? When I try to install Microsoft.Azure.DocumentDB from NuGet the error says

Could not install package 'Microsoft.Azure.DocumentDB 1.4.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETPortable,Version=v4.5,Profile=Profile7' .......

I'm using VS 2015

Does this mean the package won't work with XF?
Or are my profile settings wrong? (If so how do I fix them?)

Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• RHudsonRHudson CAMember ✭✭✭

Thanks. I guess a separate REST web service is the way to go

• RunarJordahlRunarJordahl NOMember

I think the current version (1.7.0) supports a Portable Class Library project.

• EricSmithEricSmith CAMember

The current version is 1.9.4. When I add the "Microsoft Azure DocumentDB Client Library" package from NuGet package, I get:

Error MT2002: Failed to resolve assembly: 'System.Configuration, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' (MT2002)

From other threads, I understand that this System.Configuration error indicates that the package is still desktop-only and not PCL. Is there an alternative, or are we just out of luck for using DocumentDB for a Forms application?

• nhwillynhwilly USMember ✭✭

And now the current version is 1.9.5 and it installs in a PCL project without errors. Doesn't seem to work, though.

• Ya i cannot get it to work either. You would think xamarin would be a priority for them lol.

Anyone find a working REST package in C# that we can use? I found some samples here but they only address .net 4.5 and, frankly, I couldn't even get them to work because of System.Net.Http.Formatting.

Really frustrating.

OK, so I am making some rest calls and it's working. I want to talk directly to DocumentDb and that means signing the payload. I noticed that the encryption libraries aren't available on Xamarin forms, either. Anyone know about that?