Can't add components on Mac

Anytime I try to add components to a project when working on my Mac, I'm repeatedly prompted for my credentials, the component page then flashes for a second and then I'm prompted for credentials again.

I'm using Xamarin Studio running on OSX Yosemite 10.10.1

I've verified that I'm using the correct credentials.

I am able to add components without a problem when working on Windows using both Visual Studio and Xamarin Studio.

I'm only blocked on Mac

Any help is greatly appreciated

• hitmycellhitmycell USMember

Have you resolved this issue? I'm having the same problem on Windows 8 using the latest version of Xamarin Studio.

• JimWilsonJimWilson USMember

Sorry ... I haven't

Honestly, I'm not even sure where to start looking

I just solved this on Windows. I had my browser security set to high so that it was rejecting ALL cookies. I set the security level to Medium and the problem went away.

Hope this helps.

• JimWilsonJimWilson USMember

Thanks for the suggestion but doesn't help on my Mac.

I went into Safari and set it to allow all cookies but did not help.

Thanks for the idea, though

OK. Hope you resolve it soon. Take care and good luck.

• mattwardmattward GBMember Xamurai

@JimWilson - Can you provide the IDE logs? (Help - Open Log Directory).

Also are you able to download a component directly from the store in your browser?

• DanGishDanGish USMember

I'm having the same problem as the original poster. The only way I can log into components.xamarin.com on Mac Safari is by allowing all cookies (even from websites I haven't visited), then deleting my xamarin.com website data. I cannot log in to the Components store via Xamarin Studio. Stuck.

• DanGishDanGish USMember

Here's what worked:

Instead of right clicking on Components -> Get More Components, double click on Components instead. A tab is opened. Click on your name in the top right corner, or "Log in to your Xamarin account". Now use the Get More Components button next to it.

Note to Xamarin -- please get your basic web stuff working!

• AnuragKondeyaAnuragKondeya AUMember

Faced the same issue on Xamarin studio 5.9.3. Dan Gish's steps worked for me. Thanks :)

• PaulMilicPaulMilic CHMember

Same for me, thank you Dan Gish.

• BillHolmesBillHolmes USXamarin Team Xamurai

For some logging out of your Xamarin account in Xamarin Studio, restarting and logging back in resolves the issue. You can access your account under the Xamarin Studio menu on OS X.

• QuasySabriQuasySabri USMember

I had the same issue on my Mac, just logged out and logged back in again solved the issue.

• @BillHolmes said:
    For some logging out of your Xamarin account in Xamarin Studio, restarting and logging back in resolves the issue. You can access your account under the Xamarin Studio menu on OS X.

Worked for me