Forum Xamarin.Android

Take Video on LGE Nexus 5X fails (MediaPickerSample)

TobiasKriegTobiasKrieg USMember
edited August 2016 in Xamarin.Android

Hello,

i have some video recording problems on one device: LGE Nexus 5X.
To start from scratch i used the Media Picker Sample (https://github.com/xamarin/Xamarin.Mobile/tree/master/MonoDroid/Samples/MediaPickerSample). Anyway it does not work on this device.
Inside of the GetMediaFileExtraAsync method i get an AggregateException with one exception in it: "Unable to locate mediafile at content://media/external/video/media/8986"

Is this anything to do with permissions?
Any ideas how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance,
Tobias

Tagged:

Answers

• Hello Xamarin,

the problem is still present - Your ideas are welcome!

Thanks

• JimmyGarridoJimmyGarrido USXamarin Team Xamurai

I'm still able to reproduce this even when giving the app camera, microphone, and external storage permissions.

However I did discover that if I use a different camera app than the stock one, it works. For some reason videos taken with the stock camera app are not being saved onto the storage, but the photos are. Even the video directory is getting created correctly so it's strange.

For now try using a different camera app to take videos and I'll see if we need to get a bug report filed for this.

• Hello Jimmy,

thank you for your research.
    I confirm, that using another camera app solves the problem. However it could not be the final solution. I guess we need the bug report

Best,
    Tobias