Force xamarin to update list of provisioning profiles from command line

AbePleasantAbePleasant USMember ✭✭

Is there a way to force xamarin to update it's list of provisioning profiles to reflect what apple has?

Use case:

a) I created a new provisioning profile in the ios developer centre.

b) I obtained the UUID of this profile, and set it in my csproj file (my automated build will do this).

c) I run my build, which calls on mdtool. I get an error "The specified provisioning profile X was not found".

I logged in to the mac, fired up xamarin studio, went to account settings and clicked "Refresh". That works, but that's not good enough, since I want this to be automated.

Can I invoke that "refresh" from the command line somehow?

Thanks in advance.

• AbePleasantAbePleasant USMember ✭✭

Can someone please confirm that indeed there is no way to do this? What about everyone using CI, what do you guys do when a new provisioning profile is added? You logon to the mac, open XS, go to settings and manually refresh every time?

• CristinaBirkelCristinaBirkel USMember ✭✭

I think I'm having a similar issue. I added a new Certificate in the Apple Developer Portal, which updated the Provisioning Profiles (somehow; I'm not really sure how this works.) Everything works fine to build/deploy in XCode. But Xamarin Studio insists on looking for the old provisioning profile. I can tell because I downloaded it before I got revoked/requested the certificate, and it's searching for the old GUID. I can even just manually put the profile there, in ~/Users/Name/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles, and then it finds it, but the private key doesn't match what the iPhone expects. (Which is expected, given that it's the wrong provisioning profile.)

I'm not sure what else to try. I restarted the computer, but Xamarin just won't let go...

Is there a workaround for this issue?

• CristinaBirkelCristinaBirkel USMember ✭✭
    edited April 2014

(This seems like the wrong forum for this by the way; but I was just searching for related threads. :))

I just fixed my issue, actually. I needed to go into Project -> Options -> iOS Build Signing and select the right provisioning profile.

• jameszhoujameszhou CNMember ✭✭

I also noticed to get the correct profile, you also need to ensure the Bundle ID in info.plist is matching to the profile especially you have multiple profiles for different apps in your Apple account.

• I just ran into this in Visual Studio 2015, which happens to be connected to a MacInCloud VM with Xamarin Build. I followed these instructions to update the provisioning profile on the Mac.
    https://developer.xamarin.com/guides/ios/getting_started/installation/device_provisioning/#Downloading_Profiles_and_Certificates_in_Xcode

But, the new profile would not appear in Visual Studio's project properties editor under iOS Bundle Signing. I logged out of the Mac VM, shut down VS, logged back into the Mac VM, the started VS again. Voila, the new provisioning profile appeared in the list.