Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Forms

Add Forms Xaml Page not available.

Selecting Add | New item, when I add a 'Forms Xaml Page' there is a plus (+) sign next to the file. Hovering the cursor says 'Pending Add'. I can't find any way to 'add' it to the project.

Best Answer

Answers

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you share a screen shot?
    It sounds almost like you have added the page but TFS has marked it to be added to the code repository.

• If you look under the View folder you can see what I'm talking about.

• MabroukMabrouk USMember ✭✭✭

@RobertKamarowski
    Hi,
    Can you explain more your problem?

• I'm unable to access the ExposurePage or SessionPage from other classes. I believe Add | New item usually makes a new class part of the project/solution.

• ClintStLaurentClintStLaurent USUniversity ✭✭✭✭✭

@RobertKamarowski said:
    I'm unable to access the ExposurePage or SessionPage from other classes. I believe Add | New item usually makes a new class part of the project/solution.

The pages/classes ARE in your project. The plus symbol is from TFS saying they are new and will be added to source control the next time you check in your project. The red check means those files are already checked into source control.

Open the XAML or the XAML.cs files and you'll see the namespace to use to reference them.
    If you made them in that View folder then the namespace should be:
    ESSPhotographyPortable.View.ExposurePage

Looking at that screen shot there is nothing going wrong with your adding of the new page.

I'm unable to access the ExposurePage or SessionPage from other classes.

I'm going to guess you're just not references the namespaces correctly. Maybe you imported some files from another project.... Maybe you refactored this from a different namespace earlier... Hard to say.

• Thank you Mabrouk.