Google rejects application update because of OpenSSL

Hi! I am deploying an app made in Xamarin on my google account. I never had a problem releasing new version until yesterday when google rejected it and showed that I need to update OpenSSL to a newer version, even though only difference from previous version is that I made some bug fixes and updated Support library from Xamarin.Android.Support.v4.22.2.0.0 -> v4.22.2.1.0, and I don't think it makes a difference but I included reference for System.Net.Http in some files. If I run unzip command that google is saying that I should run, I get something like this but nothing specific( http://jpst.it/ByEP ). How can I know what is causing the problem?

Answers

• djlldjll NLMember ✭✭

How did you solved this?

• IgorGorjancIgorGorjanc SIMember ✭✭

There was an external library which was included into project which had old OpenSSL included in it so we had to get updated library with updated OpenSSL in order to get it uploaded to Play store

• RizkyArio.2410RizkyArio.2410 IDMember

@IgorGorjanc said:
    There was an external library which was included into project which had old OpenSSL included in it so we had to get updated library with updated OpenSSL in order to get it uploaded to Play store

How did you find which external library that has old OpenSSL?

when I do this
    $ unzip -p YourApp.apk | strings | grep "OpenSSL"

I found out that we have OpenSSL 1.0.2d and google

• IgorGorjancIgorGorjanc SIMember ✭✭

@RizkyArio.2410 said:

@IgorGorjanc said:

when I do this

I didn't have many libraries to begin with, so the task was not that hard. I just removed one library and tested again with unzip and did that until I found the problematic library!

• rizkyariorizkyario USMember ✭✭

Nice trick! Found the culprit library

@IgorGorjanc said:

@RizkyArio.2410 said:

@IgorGorjanc said:

when I do this

I didn't have many libraries to begin with, so the task was not that hard. I just removed one library and tested again with unzip and did that until I found the problematic library!