Xaml compilation causes error: "No property, bindable property, or event found for 'Converter'"

I have a whole bunch of xaml in a stable app and it all works great on devices, but when I flip on Xamlc (hoping for some performance boost) I start getting the error in the title. If I take out the particular element it is choking on it goes to the next converter and chokes as well. Any ideas?

I am using XCC: https://www.nuget.org/packages/xcc, could this be breaking the Xamlc?

Best Answer

Answers

• nikkanikka USMember ✭✭

I realize this is not an answer, but since there is no "comment" option here as on StackOverflow, I'm gonna ask right here: why won't you use [assembly: XamlCompilation (XamlCompilationOptions.Compile)]?

• DigilitiDevDigilitiDev USMember ✭✭

That's exactly what I'm saying starts the problem. When I add [assembly: XamlCompilation(XamlCompilationOptions.Compile)] to my AssemblyInfo.cs the compilation starts choking on 'Converter'

• MichaelRumplerMichaelRumpler ATMember ✭✭✭✭✭

I use converters with XamlC without a problem. Can you post your xaml here? The definition of the converter and the complete binding expression would be interesting.

• NMackayNMackay GBInsider, University mod

@ChristopherEbbert

Thanks for posting the issue & resolution