build a xamarin project and get the .apk file from a wpf application

Good day Guyz, so recently i was given a task of developing a generic mobile solution, in which users(companies) can easily modify(customize)... and build a resulting .apk.

i was able to develop the android app
Developed a wpf application to change the app resources like drawables, strings and colors + modify the manifest file from the app based on users configurations

Now the problem, is i want a situation in which when the users install the wpf application, they can modify the existing xamarin project(bundled in the wpf install) and build it, and get a resulting .apk

I have knowledge of using the command line tool to perform tasks in the background.

My question now is
1)Do i only deploy my wpf application with msbuild?
2)Does the individual clients that install the wpf application need any extra files or resources because the android project made use of many support libraries ??

Best Answer

Answers

• jethrodanieljethrodaniel NGMember ✭✭

Thanks alot @JimBennett my problem now, is that i want everything to be done locally from the users machine.

• jethrodanieljethrodaniel NGMember ✭✭

On a second note, i would just look into build servers like jenkins and tfs build...Thanks alot @JimBennett

• JimBennettJimBennett GBXamarin Team, Insider, University, Developer Group Leader ✭✭✭✭

Not jenkins. Fighting with it now and hate it.