Error: 'clang arguments are not valid when AST files are input sources' processing XCode project

HGiritzerHGiritzer ATMember ✭✭

Hi,

I just tried to generate bindings from AllJoyn Core SDK 15.04 for iOS (https://allseenalliance.org/framework) using Sharpie 3.0.8 but getting a weird error message:

[...]
** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

Starting project evaluation for target: 'AllJoynFramework_iOS', configuration: 'Release'
    Computing dependencies
    Target AllJoynFramework_iOS (AC1030A7156EC82300D2853A):
        Phase PBXSourcesBuildPhase
        Phase PBXFrameworksBuildPhase
        Phase PBXHeadersBuildPhase
        Phase PBXCopyFilesBuildPhase

Submitting usage data to Xamarin...
  Submitted - thank you for helping to improve Objective Sharpie!

Done. Exiting with error code 1.
error: clang arguments are not valid when AST files are input sources

Maybe somebody knows how to handle this?

Thank you,
Helmut

Answers

• HGiritzerHGiritzer ATMember ✭✭
    edited March 2016

Just to clarify, I used the XCode project file included in the AllJoyn Core SDK as input source for Objective Sharpie.
    Any ideas on this, maybe @abock ?

• ZaakCHALALZaakCHALAL FRMember

Hi Helmut,

do you resolved your issue ? I am facing the same issue with the same SDK version (Alljoyn 15.04 for iOS), I am using sharpie 3.3.0.

Thanks for your feedback.

Samir.

• HGiritzerHGiritzer ATMember ✭✭

@ZaakCHALAL said:
    Hi Helmut,

do you resolved your issue ? I am facing the same issue with the same SDK version (Alljoyn 15.04 for iOS), I am using sharpie 3.3.0.

Thanks for your feedback.

Samir.

Unfortunately not. The project is on hold as I still don't have a solution for this.

Ok thanks for your replay.

I am investigating the problem and will feedback you if I resolve this annoying issue.

edited August 2016

Hi Helmut,

I have done a few modifications to the SDK Xcode project, bellow are the followed steps :

1. I removed the Tests project and its Target from the Xcode project (not required but just to keep things clean and simple, we should have only the SDK target on the Xcode project)
    2. On the "Build Phases" from the settings of the project I moved all headers files from "Project" area to "Public" area
    3. I removed the ".pch" and "SConscript" files from the project
    4. I added the #import <Foundation/Foundation.h> to all headers missing the <foundation.h> import, this work have been done by the .pch file before that I removed it in step 3.
    5. I built the project on Xcode to be sure that there is no error.

Then I executed the sharpie command on the terminal : sharpie bind AllJoynFramework_iOS.xcodeproj -sdk iphoneos9.3

After that, I am getting a new error probably more unclear that the first one :smile: but the good news is that ApiDefinition.cs and the StructsAndEnum.cs files have been generated by Sharpie, I believe that this files may be not complete yet but the good news is that this workaround allowed Sharpie to start the binding generation. I will continue the investigation next week.

The received error message is :

1 error generated.
    Error while processing /var/folders/l7/3_ppmpj97hq6fcv5q16w896m0000gn/T/tmp23353548.h.

Please find attached the ApiDefinition.cs and StructsAndEnum.cs files (in draft status).

Best regards,

Samir.