Forum Xamarin.iOS

Unable to connect to Mac agent. (Xamarin.iOS)

I'm going to start learning C# and have downloaded Visual Studio 2015. (I do have Xamarin installed on my Mac.) However, when I try to connect to my Mac mini, VS says that it can't connect to my mini. However, PuTTY connects just fine.

Any ideas?

Tagged:

Answers

• 1.Open Spotlight(⌘-Space) and search for Remote Login and then select the Sharing result. This will open System Preferences at the Sharing panel:
    2.Tick the Remote Login option in the Service list on the left in order to allow Xamarin for Visual Studio to connect to the Mac:
    3.Make sure that Remote Login is set to allow access for All users, or that your Mac username or group is included in the list of allowed users in the list on the right.

hadoop training in chennai | informatica training in chennai | aws training in chennai

• 1.Open Spotlight(⌘-Space) and search for Remote Login and then select the Sharing result. This will open System Preferences at the Sharing panel:
    2.Tick the Remote Login option in the Service list on the left in order to allow Xamarin for Visual Studio to connect to the Mac:
    3.Make sure that Remote Login is set to allow access for All users, or that your Mac username or group is included in the list of allowed users in the list on the right.

• ColdBlueLavaColdBlueLava USMember

@greenbergmethew said:
    1.Open Spotlight(⌘-Space) and search for Remote Login and then select the Sharing result. This will open System Preferences at the Sharing panel:

I already have Remote Login enabled. (Plus, I successfully connected to my Mini via PuTTY.)

• JimArbuthnot.6008JimArbuthnot.6008 CAMember ✭✭
    edited April 2016

Since Xamarin is free shipped with VS 2015 community, I downloaded Xamarin again and reinstalled it.
    When try to connect to Mac Agent from VS 2015 community, it always failed with log:
    Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error The installed Xamarin.iOS (version 9.4) on the Mac [MY MAC DEVICE NAME] (10.10.79.148) is not compatible with the local Xamarin.iOS 9.6. Double click here to select a new server. 0

Solution:
    Go to OSX and open Xamarin Studio and Xamarin Studio -> Check for Updates, then update your xamarin.
    If you get retrieve failed error, you must log out your existing xamarin account, in my case my iOS account is starter license and was expired. Then go back to Check for Updates, now you can get the update.

• ColdBlueLavaColdBlueLava USMember

I found the solution. You have to manually add your Mac via the "Add Mac" button.

• RusselldePinaRusselldePina USMember

I tried all of these suggestions but still cannot connect to my Mac. But, like other posters have said, PuTTY works just fine.

• ConradHConradH USMember ✭✭

Have you got Xamarin iOS installed on your Mac?

• GermanColmanGermanColman ARMember

Hi, I tried all the steps you describe but I cant connect to my mac, I have a VM with OS X El Capitan, I can connect via Putty, but Xamarin throw an error

• LeandroPintorLeandroPintor USMember

Install xamarin studio in your Mac and check/ install last updates. So it'll work on parallels.