How to change GoogleMap style?

I'm trying to customize my GoogleMap Fragment so it would go with my app's theme. I've read about changing MapOption's style property but I could not find it in Xamarin Google Play Services component. Is it even possible to change Google Maps style on Xamarin?

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi Tomasz. I meant actually customizing the appearance of the whole map via a json object wherein I could change the colors and visibility of the elements of the map. I've seen it done through java but I can't seem to figure out how to do it in Xamarin. Sorry for the confusion

• CheesebaronCheesebaron DKInsider, University mod

Do you have an example of that in Java?

• GuyProvostGuyProvost CAMember ✭✭✭

@CharlesFredericAtienza said:
    Hi Tomasz. I meant actually customizing the appearance of the whole map via a json object wherein I could change the colors and visibility of the elements of the map. I've seen it done through java but I can't seem to figure out how to do it in Xamarin. Sorry for the confusion

This seems to be possible only with web version of the map. There is a feature request for supporting this in Android ( https://code.google.com/p/gmaps-api-issues/issues/detail?id=5463)