box2d very low fps and lagging

rbmanian75rbmanian75 USMember ✭✭
edited June 2016 in CocosSharp

Hi,
I am using box2d and cocossharp for developing an android game. I am using cocossharp version 1.7.1. When running in the xamarin android player i am getting 60fps. But when i run it in the real device i only get 2 FPS and the game is very lagging.

Without box2d if i use any other action using ccaction i am getting 60FPS in the device. But using box2d causes the FPS to go very low.

i am having less than 10 dynamic bodies and applying impulse on them with edges around the screen.

Any ideas how to improve the FPS while using box2d

Thanks

• rbmanian75rbmanian75 USMember ✭✭

I tried running the same game on iPhone 5 and i get 60FPS. I am getting the problem only running on android device. when i was installing the package cocossharp for android the box2d dll was missing in the reference and also in the nuget package folder. so i compiled it from the source to make it work.

• Ruslan0990Ruslan0990 DEMember ✭✭
    edited August 2016

I am also struggling to get box2d working on android. The box2d package was automatically included in my shared project but not in my android project. Is it a general problem? Has anybody got a working box2d example with CocosSharp 1.7.1 for Android?

• rbmanian75rbmanian75 USMember ✭✭

Box2d dll is not installed and referenced for android projects. I need to compile the dll from the source.