Forum Visual Studio
We are excited to announce that the Xamarin Forums are moving to the new Microsoft Q&A experience. Q&A is the home for technical questions and answers at across all products at Microsoft now including Xamarin!

We encourage you to head over to Microsoft Q&A for .NET for posting new questions and get involved today.

Xamarin won't update!

DaveCarsonDaveCarson GBUniversity ✭✭✭

When I open Visual Studio 2015 I get a notification saying that there is a Xamarin Update available for Visual Studio and that I should 'Click here to update' - well I do that and nothing happens!

Fact is that's the way I've found it to be for quite a while so I used to open Xamarin Studio instead, check for and install updates and then go back to Visual Studio. The problem is that I recently rebuilt my dev rig and it appears that Xamarin Studio was not installed - so what do I do now?

I found the installer for Xamarin Studio but that complained about gtk dependencies and the Universal Installer seemed to be reinstalling everything so I cancelled out of that before I hosed my current configuration.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction to install the updates - I'm not desperate to be on the latest bits but it would be useful to know :-)

Best Answers

Answers

This discussion has been closed.