dissatisfied customer - wrong adjusted renewal dates

Kenny1ChengKenny1Cheng HKMember

Dear all,

I already sent email to Xamarin and no one replied for this simple question.
I would like to subscribe and start android dev soon but the purchase screen is confusing.

I was subscribed to iOS in 2011 and expired now.
Now I want to try out Android first but the adjusted renewal dates is only 6 months. what means by this? Is that correct?

Please anyone can help.

Best Regards,
Kenny

• AndrewChungAndrewChung USXamarin Team, Beta Xamurai

Hi Kenny,

I can explain what is happening. For the purposes of making renewals/subscriptions to updates and support easier, our system syncs the renewal date for the licenses in your account.

In your account was an expired Xamarin.iOS license, so your purchase was splitting the time between your new Xamarin.Android license and your existing (expired) Xamarin.iOS license -- hence you saw a renewal date 6 months from now.

However, I saw your request through [email protected] -- let's continue the conversation there and I'll make sure to help you out!

Thanks for coding with Xamarin.

• Kenny1ChengKenny1Cheng HKMember

Hi, Andrew.

Many thanks for your prompt reply and support. But at this point, I'm still very disappointed on your company's intention without customer consent and notification.
    I cannot even find any of your company webpages to indicate this policy.

Even you can see the screen:
    1) purchase of only Android subscription (should be annual??)
    2) left side is clearly indicating July 2014 end date (clearly contradicting to the "adjusted date)

I'm very disappointed to 1) force my subscription to both platform even your company allows individual subscription and 2) without any further option and force customer to create separate accounts to deal with your company good intention.

I do think Xamarin/mono-device is good company and technology. I saw many people discussing the license and cost here. And clearly a serious developer will need both iOS and Android in soon future. But we just don't want to force to purchase at the same time. BTW, I didn't aware that Indie license will have any proper support.

It even forces to purchase to Android business license when renew iOS license at the same time.

None of these are good options to me. I believe this is not nowadays good standard of user experience and customer services.

I will purchase soon with separate accounts if your company cannot provide any further justified means and stop this hassle.

Many thanks.

Best regards,
    Kenny