Forum Xamarin Xamarin.Forms

Tabbed Page Action Bar Rendering

2»

• KhaldoonMerebKhaldoonMereb AEUniversity

hi all,
    how can i put tabs at the top of the page for IOS ?

• RichardGRichardG USMember

any solution to put the action bar in the bottom? Is it done by using splitactionoption?

• Abhijeet_SuryaAbhijeet_Surya USMember ✭✭✭

@Charlin any solution for putting action bar at bottom ?

• DanyDanielsDanyDaniels MXMember
    edited July 2016

And rendering tabs after and before navigation async, on press back the icons not is visible and element children count is distinct that activity.actionbar.tabscount why?, somebody help me please

• mubimubi USMember ✭✭✭

I want to change the color of Tabbed page action bar
    how I can achieve this ???

• RotkivRotkiv USMember

Hello,

I'm using same code as @Charlin and I have error on if(actionBar.TabCount > 0) it saying actionBar.TabCount is 0
    and app crash. thank you.

• mubimubi USMember ✭✭✭

In Android showing tab bar on top and in IOS showing it on Bottom is default Native Behavior. I recommend not to alter it.
    If its necessary then make a custom tab bar by making a buttons stack at your won location choice. Unfortunately Xamarin isnt providing too much editing options for a Tab Page. Even you need to use the custom renderer for changing the colors of tabs.
    so if you can afford make your own tab bar.

• AnnaGuptaAnnaGupta INMember

Am using same code as Charlin but i am getting object reference null exception in DispatchDraw() method - Line
    ActionBar actionBar = activity.ActionBar; Showing ActionBar is null. Please help me in this.

Thanks

• ahmedElsayedahmedElsayed USMember ✭✭

@AnnaGupta i have the same issue it actionbar always throw null exception and i tried different ways with no change did you find an answer for that

• AnnaGuptaAnnaGupta INMember

Hello ahmedElsayed,
    Please check this link https://github.com/CrossGeeks/Xamarin.Samples. download the sample. its working fine